Quick guide to contents
- Collection of Information
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Disclose Your Information
- Information Security and Data Retention
- Accessing and Managing Your Personal Information
Collection of Information
Information You Provide
Arascina collects information from you when you choose to provide it to us. For example, we collect your information when you submit a webform requesting information about one of our course offerings (each, a “Course”), or otherwise contact us or provide information to us through the Websites. The information we collect may include personal information – such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, government issued identifier, prior educational background information, work experience, and the content of any communications that we exchange – as well as non-personal information when you:
- indicate an interest in a Course (you may unsubscribe from promotional emails by clicking “unsubscribe” on the emails you receive from us);
- create an account;
- register for a Course, either directly with us, through your employer, or through some other means;
- make a payment;
- participate in our surveys, promotions, and competitions;
- sign up for a newsletter;
- communicate with us, for example by submitting queries regarding the Website; and
- use the Websites.
In some cases, we require your personal information in order to perform a contract or to comply with a legal obligation.
Information Automatically Collected
Tracking Options and Do Not Track Disclosures
Information Collected from Other Sources
Where permitted by law, we collect or receive information about you from our Websites, online learning platforms, your employer, companies to which you indicate that you would like to learn more about the Course, companies that are our partners, or other entities and/or brands within the Arascina family of companies (collectively “Other Sources”) in order to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically, as described above in Information Automatically Collected. We use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services or other offers that may be of interest to you, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes. Personal information is collected from Other Sources with consent of the data subject where such consent is required or, otherwise, for the purposes of our legitimate interests, as further discussed in How We Use Your Information.
Our Combination of Your Information
We combine the information we receive from and about you via the Websites and from Other Sources to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve the Websites.
Failure to Provide Personal Information
Failure to provide certain information may make it difficult or impossible for you to access some services through the Websites. You should ensure that personal information submitted to us is accurate and up-to-date. For example, we need a current email address to communicate with you about the Course in which you choose to enrol.
We do not direct the Websites to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information via the Websites from, children under the age of 16. If we reasonably determine that you are under the age of 18, we only process your personal information with consent of your parent or legal guardian.
How We Use Your Information
Purposes for Collecting and Processing Personal Information
We process personal information under the following legal bases:
- To fulfill a contract or take steps linked to a contract, including:
- providing our services;
- verifying your identity;
- taking payments; and
- communicating with you.
- To conduct Arascina’s business and pursue our legitimate interests in marketing our business, ensuring that we conduct our business in line with our objectives, improving and developing our products and services, and keeping our records accurate and up to date. This includes:
- using your information to provide products and services you have requested and responding to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- personalizing your experience on the Websites and in any Course in which you choose to enrol to help us to better respond to your individual needs;
- targeting advertising to individuals with similar interests or characteristics through services offered by third parties;
- developing new products or services or conducting analyses to enhance current products and services;
- reviewing the usage and operations of the Websites and analyzing and improving the Websites (we continually strive to improve the Websites based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- contacting you for legitimate business purposes;
- using personal information to invite individuals to take part in market research;
- where consent is not required by applicable law, for direct marketing purposes; and
- protecting the security and functionality of the Websites, including using personal information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others about the Websites or our products and services.
- Where you give us consent. This includes:
- where consent is required by applicable law, sending you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by Arascina and its family of companies or brands;
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, using the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
- For purposes which are required by law. This includes:
- in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation;
- using personal information in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary, including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation.
Use of De-identified, Aggregate or Anonymized Information
How We Disclose Your Information
Arascina shares your information with other entities or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- The Arascina Family of Companies or Brands: Where you have expressed interest or given your consent, such as through Course registration, we share your information with the Arascina family of companies and brands, such as BuddyAmp, to provide you with information about other educational programs and delivery of Courses.
- Service Providers: We share your information with third parties that provide business, professional, or technical support functions for us. In particular, we use third-party providers for website hosting, maintenance, marketing services, courier services, certification services, business operations, payment services, and identity verification services (“Service Providers”). These Service Providers are only given access to your information to the extent necessary to process your information and/or provide services to Arascina, and they are prohibited from using or sharing your information for any other purposes. Where permitted by law, Arascina discloses limited information about you to Service Providers to serve relevant advertising on third party platforms to you or to other audiences.
- Your Employer: We share your information with your employer, in the event that the employer is paying for your Course. Information disclosed in this case shall include Course performance information, unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing with Arascina.
- Fraud; Security: We access and disclose your information to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or other technical issues.
- Consent; Other: We share information with third parties when we have your consent or otherwise as described to you at the point of collection.
- International Transfers: We may transfer personal information from your location to other countries, including Australia, Bulgaria, United States, India and the Philippines, where our employees and/or servers are located. Where your personal information is transferred outside of the country where you are located, such information is adequately protected by an adequacy decision by EU authorities, Standard Contractual Clauses, or a Service Provider’s Binding Corporate Rules.
Information Security and Data Retention
We are committed to protecting the security of your information. We maintain what we believe to be appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your information and to prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy, and ensure appropriate use of your information. The accuracy, safety, and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you – or where you have chosen – a password for access to any parts of the Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share your password with anyone. Even though we do our best to protect your information, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee our security measures. We are not responsible for any unauthorized access to or acquisition of your information.
We retain your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. We also may retain your personal information for longer periods of time which enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes;
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law;
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims;
- Address any complaints regarding the services;
- Enforce our commercial agreements; and
Accessing and Managing Your Personal Information
If you have created a profile or are enrolled in a Course, you may access and/or update your personal information through your user profile.
In some instances, you may be eligible to (a) ask us for a copy of your personal information; (b) correct, delete, or restrict processing of your personal information; and/or (c) obtain the personal information you provide to us in a structured, machine readable format. In addition, you may have the right under applicable law to object to the processing of your personal information in some circumstances.
Your rights regarding your personal information may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person or would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights), or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. We will inform you of the relevant exemption upon which we rely when responding to any request you make.
Our use of certain personal information is necessary for us to provide information to you about the Course or to provide services to you through the Websites or otherwise. If you choose not to provide this personal information or request that Arascina, or its affiliate brands, delete or restrict the processing of this personal information, you may not be able to participate in the Course and/or the online community platform, and we may not be able to provide you with other services, including those provided through the Websites or advertised about the Course.
If you wish to access or delete your information as described in this section, please write to our Legal Team. If you believe your rights regarding your personal information have been infringed upon, please contact us at [email protected]. For individuals located in the EU region who have unresolved concerns, you also have a right to lodge a complaint with your applicable Data Protection Authority.
You also may have the right to file a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
To make a request to delete or access personal data, or for more information about the personal data Arascina has about you, please reach out to the Legal Team.
Date of last amendment: 14 August 2022